Planning your nontraditional reception outside is no picnic when you don't want your guests traipsing through the house to use your bathroom. And when your wedding reception is actually a hog roast, you'll need to think outside the box. In this case, the box is a portable restroom.
So after you've shed your wedding attire for jeans and your favorite ale, you'll get the party started, and eventually your guests will need to use the restroom.
Calculating How Many Portable Restrooms You'll Need
Hog roast receptions can last through the night. Food and drink tend to flow while everyone's singing, dancing, playing cornhole and horseshoes. Depending on how many guests you have, you will need more than one portable restroom.
You will also need to consider if your guests will be coming and going. Do any guests have disabilities that you must accommodate? If you have one or two special needs guests and your indoor bathroom can accommodate them, that would be great. However, if you don't have a ground-level bathroom or if it is small, you may need an ADA-compliant portable restroom.
What Kind of Portable Restrooms Are There?
You might be surprised that all portable restrooms aren't minimalistic, rustic bathrooms. There are simple ones, toilets for the disabled, kid-friendly models, and luxury models. There are even trailers that you can rent that resemble hotel bathrooms.
- Standard: These portable restrooms feature a simple toilet with hand sanitizer.
- ADA-compliant: These are basic to luxury wheelchair-accessible trailers that accommodate those with canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Luxury: Luxury models include larger facilities that house multiple toilets, running water, sinks, mirrors. and all the comforts of home.
- Kid-friendly: These have varying toilet levels and are larger because they include changing tables.
- Trailers: These are basic to luxury trailers for general guest use as well as the ADA-compliant models.
Portable restrooms must sit on level ground. Check your local laws to make sure what applies to you.
Country wedding venues may be on private property or at rented properties. Hog roasts tend to be more informal and people tend to come and go, unlike traditional wedding receptions at a hall or restaurant where restroom accommodations rarely need to be supplemented.
Knowing how many child, adult, elderly, and special needs guests you will have and how long you expect your reception to be will help you to decide how many and what kind of facilities will be comfortable for you and your guests. Contact portable restroom rental services to learn more.